Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to pre-register if I am not going to present?
- All participants at LASA2016 (paper presenters, chairs, discussants, organizers) must pre-register by March 31, 2016 (17:00 hours EDT), otherwise their names will not appear in the Program Book nor will they be able to present at the Congress. Additionally, their panels may be cancelled due to insufficient presenters.
- Acceptance as an official LASA2016 Participant does not confer automatic LASA2016 registration. If you have an institutional membership and a role in the congress, the institutional membership does not exempt you from paying the registration fee for the congress as an individual.
- All attendees (no active role in the Congress) must register, either by pre-registering or upon arrival at the Congress site.
Where and when can I register?
What will my registration fee cover?
Each registration fee covers:
- Admittance to all sessions and book exhibits
- Admittance to the Welcoming Reception
- Admittance to the Film Festival
- Admittance to the Gran Baile
- Program Book (if program book is lost, an additional can be purchased for $10)
- Online Conference Proceedings
When will I receive the Congress materials?
All Congress materials will be collected at the moment of check in at the Registration Area in the New York Hilton Midtown, third floor Promenade.
Will there be one-day passes available?
There will not be any one-day passes available.