Guidelines for Submission
Thank you for your interest in submitting a proposal for LASA2017: Diálogos de Saberes, taking place from April 29 – May 1 in Lima, Peru. We are delighted that you have chosen to participate actively in this Congress and we look forward to reading your proposal.
When submitting proposals, please follow the five participation rules described below:
Rule 1: Participation Limitation
- LASA Participants are limited to one paper per Congress, no exceptions. If a participant has submitted an individual proposal, s/he may not be added to a panel proposal. Additionally, if a participant is a co-author, that paper counts as their only paper.
- Participants can only have 2 active participations per congress (not counting being an Organizer). The participation may take the form of paper presenter, presenter in a roundtable or workshop, discussant or chair. A participant is able to present in a workshop or roundtable and a panel. (Section members are allowed a 3rd active participation in a section panel (though the 1 paper rule still applies)).
- Participants can only have 2 organizer appearances. If a participant wants to organize more than 2 sessions, they can only be recognized in the program as an organizer for a maximum of 2 sessions.
- Panel proposals can only have up to five papers per panel with a minimum of three. Workshop and roundtable proposals must have a minimum of 1 participant and there is no maximum.
- Travel grant requests can only be sent by the participant requesting the grant and can only be given to eligible paper presenters in a panel and to those who have not received a travel grant in the last 3 Congresses. * includes candidates who did not cancel their participation with LASA and thus did not claim their assigned grant and those who cancelled last minute and the grant was not able to be allocated to another participant.
Rule 2: Membership Requirement
The following rules apply depending on the type of submission:
- Individual submissions: The individual submitter and co-author(s) must be/become 2016 LASA members to be able to submit a proposal and travel grant request(s) (each co-author must send a separate travel grant request).
- Panel submissions: All participants in the panel must be/become 2016 LASA members to be able to be included in the proposal. All panelists, as LASA members, can submit their individual travel grant requests.
- Workshop or Roundtable submissions: All participants must be 2016 LASA members to be able to be included in the proposal. No workshop/roundtable participants may request a travel grant (unless they also have a paper in the congress).
- Section submissions: All participants must be 2016 LASA members and 2016 members of that specific section.
The deadline for renewing/obtaining 2016 LASA membership for proposal submission is September 7th, 2016 at 17:00 hrs. EDT.
Rule 3: Preregistration
Once your proposal has been approved, all participants are required to register to the Congress (a different fee from the membership fee) before March 14th, 2017 (17:00 hrs EDT). If the participant does not register by this deadline, they will be removed from the Program and will be unable to present at the Congress. Additionally, panels may be cancelled or changed due to insufficient paper presenters.
Rule 4: Paper Delivery
As a paper presenter, you have two important obligations:
- To ensure that the members of your panel, especially discussants, receive your paper in time to read it carefully prior to the meeting; and
- To submit your paper for congress proceedings and memories. Note: Your paper should not be considered published because it is posted online.
Rule 5: Panel Schedule
Panels are scheduled every 2 hours starting at at 8:00 am on Saturday and concluding at 7:45 pm on Monday. Participants are expected to be available for presenting during this time. Please note that scheduling change requests cannot be honored.